Languishing - the blah term

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/04/19/well/mind/covid-mental-health-languishing.amp.html

"Languishing is a sense of stagnation and emptiness. It feels as if you’re muddling through your days, looking at your life through a foggy windshield."

This is really what I have been experiencing for the longest time since covid19 circuit breaker started. Nearing the edge of depression but not yet. Mood-less, target-less, laziness, zero motivation... not focus and just living by the day. 

NOTHING can keep me motivated. 

Even the drive becomes drive-less (not EV)... $$$ doesn't seem to move me... maybe a million dollars does so that I don't need to work and really daze all day. 

To be back of track is to have a 'target' to look forward too. I can't even be bothered with setting a target now. What shit! Am I really heading for depression soon? Will even a sane mind wrote about this blog? Does keeping myself busy help? Being busy definitely doesn't help to 'offload' languish. 

I can't even feel the drive in my work now. Maybe quitting work could be the only avenue. 

Will things really 'iron out' itself as time goes by? I can only hope so. 

PS: Find lots of friends to talk to, talk with, chat with, etc. Mindless talking is better than keeping to yourself. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

drawing of a landmark in Singapore

free publicity for bloggers

Autobiography: My Mum