Autobiography: My School - Kindergarten

school days took up a quarter of our life... some longer some shorter...

i can remember the early days in Kindergarten... it was a PAP Kindergarten at Beo Crescent Blk 36 (now Singapore Pools)... 2 years of my childhood were spent there...

the standard PAP uniform of red and blue... the cute little boy carrying a luggage-liked bag (red and black checkered) waiting diligently at 1.45pm outside the school... Kindergarten's timing was 2pm to 4pm...

that's me.

i was already independent at that age (i think 5 or 6)... going to and coming back from Kindergarten alone... though my house was near but it was at least 2 blocks away...

1.30pm, i would start to prepare for school... wearing school uniform... reading and learning last minute's spelling test... getting mum to test me on the spelling...mum hardly knew the English spelling and i had to tell her the pronounciation :)... everything was settled within the few minutes and off... to school...

though the long stairways from Bukit Ho Swee to Beo Crescent was long gone... those living around that area would know that it had a small smooth concrete slab where you could slid all the way from uphill (Bukit Ho Swee Blk 28)) to downhill (Beo Crescent Blk 36)...whizzed!

that's me.

'tikam' at the long-gone fifth shop (or the shop beside the centre lift lobby) was our fav pastime... we would win bells of all shapes and sizes... and i cheated a few times... still having those bells till date :P

that's me.

i cannot remember any of frens from Kindergarten... my results were good, i think i was first in school for first year and third in school on second year...

in school, i was always the teacher's pet... obedient in school but rebellious outside... like my eldest girl... like father like daughter.

that's me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

drawing of a landmark in Singapore

free publicity for bloggers

Autobiography: My Mum