Pluto the dwarf, not the dog or the official planet in our solar system

since last week, Pluto (our ninth planet) has been stripped of its title in the solar system as the nine planet but demoted to become a dwarf planet.

i used to be taught "My Very Excellent Mother Just Serves Us Nine Pies" to remember the solar system (the order of the planets in order starting from the one nearest to Sun0. i have to 'cancel' my atlas book on the information on Pluto....

"my very excellent mother just serves us nothing?"..... *sigh*

does it really matter for those in astronomy to be concerned of this re-ranking now?

for once i thought there is going to be 10 planets (instead of 9) in the solar system since they make the discovery of a new planet in our solar system early this year.

poor kids (in school), they will be confused for a long while. lucky for me, my girl still does not understand the solar system now... i hope there is no more big blunder...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

drawing of a landmark in Singapore

free publicity for bloggers

Autobiography: My Mum